Types of Flatbed Insurance

A flatbed truck is just what it sounds like. It’s a long, flat trailer that can be used to carry loads of various materials. Regardless of what type of load you’re hauling, you’ll need insurance for protection. Because flatbeds don’t generally have roofs or sides, the loads are more vulnerable to mishaps. Fortunately, the right type of insurance can cover all your needs.

Insurance Types

Insurance for truck and trailer types like flatbeds can range from simple plans to comprehensive plans. The experts at Gain Insurance state that basic trucking liability insurance is the minimum required by law. Comprehensive plans, however, insure your flatbed against physical damage from traffic accidents and other disasters that can happen on the road. Here are some of the types of insurance you may consider purchasing for your flatbed.

  • Liability coverage. This mandatory insurance is required by law and covers damage caused to another person’s property.
  • Collision coverage. If your flatbed has been damaged in an accident, this coverage will pay for those damages.
  • Comprehensive coverage. If your flatbed has been damaged by something other than another vehicle – like a fire or theft – this coverage will help you.
  • Cargo insurance. This type of insurance covers damages to your cargo load.
  • Ramp, binder, chain, and tarp coverage. This particular coverage is specifically for flatbeds and covers equipment used to secure cargo.

While this list is not exhaustive, you can see there are many options to cover your needs.