Is your home worth more than $750,000? Are you a collector of fine arts and other items that may require special insurance coverage? If so, then a high value insurance program may be just what you need to cover your home. If you’re not aware of high value insurance, here’s a quick summary of what it entails and how you can tell if it’s appropriate for you.
What Is High Value Insurance?
A high value insurance program is designed to provide you with the most comprehensive coverage for your home. Such a policy will usually include higher liability limits, greater limits on repair and replacement costs and increased protections on jewelry and other personal assets. It can also include coverage for sewage and drain backups and equipment breakdown.
Is High Value Insurance Right For You?
Here’s how you can tell if high value insurance is appropriate for your home:
- Is your home worth over $750,000?
- Does your home contain unique design elements?
- Do you have fine arts, wine or other special collections that you want to protect?
- Do you have a non-standard roof on your home?
- Do you have a green home or is it environmentally-friendly?
- Does your property have features that need special coverage?
If you answered “yes” to any of these questions and are willing to pay for the value offered by higher insurance limits, then high value insurance may be right for you. The flexibility and convenience make it a great alternative to standard homeowners’ insurance policies.